Top of the table clash as the Tweed Heads Seagulls host the strong Currumbin Eagles on Sunday. The Tweed Heads and Currumbin match will be this weeks highlighted match for Round 12 of the Rugby League Gold Coast QTOP A Grade Competition.
The Seagulls have their sights set on finals as the club sees some new structures implemented and commence their rebuilding phase. “The teams effort has been outstanding throughout the year, despite not having the same line up each week,” Tweed Heads Seagulls Coach Kevin Campion said. Building comradery, mateship and having a big focus on fitness, the Seagulls know this is a vital asset to have coming into the back end of the season. “We play a very simple football game, so everyone understands their role in the team each week,” Campion said. Having some great depth at the club has assisted them to fill in the gaps each week, players such as Bayley Gill, Tre Williams, Jack Peacock are only some of the previous Under 20s players stepping up to the plate. The Seagulls are ready for a physically and mentally tough match this weekend and hope to limit their mistakes on the field.
The Eagles are flying high as they maintain top of the ladder for a consecutive eight weeks. Although they had some minor setbacks suffering two losses prior to the Bye Weekend, the team have a really great mind set and attitude. “Although no one likes losing, it has allowed us to recalibrate and reset heading in to the business end of the season,” Currumbin Eagles Coach Ryan Gundry said. Understanding the club has a target on their back being at the top of the ladder, the Eagles know it is a matter of getting the balance right and building key combinations. Gundry is happy that the team is looking good, improving each week and players are working hard to earn their spots. Opportunities arise for Under 19 and Reserve Grade players as a couple players are out for various reasons. Deeming their Tweed Heads match in round two the hardest, most physical game to date, the Currumbin Eagles know what to expect and are ready with full force.
At other grounds, the Bilambil Jets will host the Runaway Bay Seagulls, Burleigh head north to the Ormeau Shearers home and down south Tugun play Southport for the battle of fourth place.
Rugby League Gold Coast QTOP A Grade Round 12 Teams List
Tweed Heads Seagulls v Currumbin Eagles at Piggabeen Sports, Sunday July 15th - 12:30pm
Tweed Heads Seagulls
1. Jayden Baker 2. Curtis Dansey-Smaller 3. Tony Matautia 4.Ethan Roberts 5. Macauley Dawson 6. Tre Williams 7. Bayley Gill 8. Mitch Sharp 9. Rex Johnson 10. Mick Grey 11. Reece Summer 12. Kirk Murphy 13. Kalani Going 14. Ethan Price 15. Rory Lillis 16. Harry Hughes 17. Jack Peacock
Coach: Kevin Campion
1. Hayden Allsop 2. Steve Elliott 3. Joel Rapana 4. Ken Allison 5. Kurt Perry 6. Travis Drought 7. Phil Ramage 8. Dayne Weston 9. Daniel Webb 10. Pele Peletelese 11. Liam Donnelly 12. Jakob Smith 13. Jarrod Gill 14. Jake Gleeson 15. James Munckton 16. Chris Hodges 17. Zane Wilshire
Coach: Ryan Gundry
Bilambil Jets v Runaway Bay Seagulls at Bilambil Sports, Sunday July 15th – 2:00pm
1. Ben Robinson-Patch 2. Conrad Green 3. Matt O’Rourke 4. Hayden Tolland 5. Nick Burns 6. Carne Rhodes 7. Ben Black 8. Mitch Spackman 9. Alex Fitzhugh 10. Will Malone 11. Kirren Roughley 12. Bailey Crompton 13. Drew McCullough 14. Tom Condon 15. Damien Ford 16. Jack Welsh 18. Brendan Welsh
Coach: Craig Rowles
Runaway Bay Seagulls
1. Jack Mackin 2. Harry Hill 3. Jamie Anderson 4. Daniel Kelly 5. Jake Powell 6. Jimmy Poland 7. Conner Toia 8. Javarn Nofoagatotoa 9. Henry Chan-Ting 10. Jesse Malcolm 11. Dylan Pelo 12. Darcy Sims 13. Tane Rapira 14. Jenan Parrish 16. Siua Likiliki 17. Kimihia Pakipaki-Hemopo
Coach: Nick Gleeson
Ormeau Shearers v Burleigh Bears at Brien Harris Oval, Sunday July 15th – 2:00pm
1. Michael Rasmussen 2. Hirini Robin 3. Caleb Pirini 4. Joshua Walker 5. Shay Stevens 6. Grayson Te Kiri 7. Nathan Wilson 8. Mohi Kendrick 9. Cody Evans 10. Jaymz Douglas-Webb 11. Pheonix Su’a 12. Dion Belfor-Laulu 13. Maranatha Raeli 14. Shane Blow 15. Connor Hohepa 16. Aati Su’a
Coach: Julius Kuresa
1. Jaxson Paulo 2. Mikey Williams 3. Justin Tavae 4. Josh Berkers 5. Te McDonald 6. Taine Tuaupiki 7. Matt Egan 8. Kaleb Fuimoano 9. Zae Wallace 10.Jerome Veve 11. Api Noema-Matenga 12. Darius Farmer 13. Lochlyn Sheldon 14. Tyler Szepanowski 15. Allan Lockwood 16. Ben Walen 17. Marino Allen
Coach: Stuart Wilkins
Tugun Seahawks v Southport Tigers at Boyd Street, Sunday July 15th – 2:00pm
1. Corey Morris 2. Nathanael Barnes 3. Savern Rapana 4. Ayden Lee 5. Jai Veli 6. Kainoa Gudgeon 7. Keanu Te Kiri 8. Bryce Thomas 9. Paul Sheedy 10. Trent Smith 11. Shane Gray 12. Mitch Willmot 13. Nick Harrold 14. Nat Swain 15. Darby Rule
Coach: Clint Barends
1. Beau Cordtz 2. Corey Walker 3. Tevita Folau 4. Luke Ellis 5. Carlo Alimboyong 6. Zoram Watene 7. Kane Rudolph 8. Denzal Ngati 9. Jacob Pottinger (c) 10. Nathan Young 11. Tu Whakatihi 12. Devon Toa 13. Judaea Monsall 14. Hala Masila 15. Bronston Kennach 16. Gideon Afemui
Coach: Mark Ross